This week’s sermon on Psalm 98 continues our series in the Psalms which looks at the theme of God’s justice. Last week, we learned that God is the source and standard of justice. His kingdom is the place where his justice comes from heaven to earth.
This week, we see how God brings justice to the earth through the just justification of the unjust. This truth is most clearly articulated in places like Romans and Galatians, but we also find it in places like the Psalms. And this week I show from Psalm 98 how we can better understand God’s justifying justice. You can listen to the sermon or watch the video below.
On the Psalms
- Perfect Praise: Seeing the Seven’s in Psalms 96–99
- Seeing the Connections in Psalms 93–100 That Lead Us to Christ
- Yahweh’s Penultimate Enthronement: Observing the Return-From-Exile Narrative in Psalms 90–106
- Kingdom Justice: Let Justice Flow Down from the Throne of God (Psalm 97)
- On Earth as It Is in Heaven: Three Truths about Justice in God’s Kingdom
Soli Deo Gloria, ds