We are still working out the bugs on our new podcast, but here are two new podcasts that discuss passages of Scripture in Genesis and Matthew. This podcast was begun to help our church and anyone else read the Bible better.
If you have any questions for this podcast, feel free to ask here.
EPISODE 03OT: Genesis 8–14 | January 21, 2019 | Anton Brooks & David Schrock
In this episode we discuss the curse of Ham, the tower of Babel, Abraham’s tithe to Abraham, and more from the book of Genesis. For more on Genesis, see
- The Four Seeds of Abraham: Natural, National, Christ, and “In Christ”
- In Search of a Priest Like Melchizedek (Genesis 14; Psalm 110; Hebrews 7)
EPISODE 03NT: Matthew 8–13 | January 21, 2019 | Anton Brooks & David Schrock
In this episode we discuss Jesus’s acts of healing, the meaning of an apostle, point of parables, and more from the book of Matthew. For more on Matthew, see
- *Knowing* and *Being Known*: A Word Best Understood in Covenantal Context
- The Artistic Evangelist: Seeing the Structure of Matthew’s Gospel
EPISODE 02a: Genesis 4–9 | January 11, 2019 | Anton Brooks & David Schrock
In this episode we discuss Cain’s mark, the sons of God, the Flood, and much more from Genesis 4–9.
- Read the Whole Bible as a Whole Bible: Rejecting Critical Source Theory and Reconciling Genesis 1 and 2
- ‘Sin Crouching at the Door’ or ‘A Sin Offering at the Gate’: Michael Morales on Genesis 4:7
- First Creation and Second Creation: Adam, Noah, and the Focus of Genesis 1–11
EPISODE 02b: Matthew 4–9 | January 11, 2019 | Anton Brooks & David Schrock
In this episode we discuss Jesus’s temptation, the Sermon on the Mount, and much more from Matthew’s Gospel.
- Swear Words (Matthew 5:33–37) — A sermon by Jared Bridges
- A Mountain, A Map, and a Mercy Seat: An Introduction to the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 4:23–8:1)
- Three Wrong Ways to Read the Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Evidences the Sermon on the Mount is an Exposition of the New Covenant
EPISODE 01 | January 4, 2019 | Anton Brooks & David Schrock
In this episode we discuss how to read the opening chapters of Genesis, the false worship of Herod, and Jesus’s baptism. A few additional resources may be helpful.
- For the Love of God — A Daily Devotion by D. A. Carson (Book, Daily Blog)
- The ESV Study Bible — In addition to brief comments on every chapter, this study Bible provides excellent articles, including one on Science and the Bible.
- Reading Genesis 1–11 Theologically (article)
- Two Articles on Baptism — A Better Understanding of Baptism and From Noah’s Baptism to Jesus’s Crucifixion
EPISODE 00 | December 30, 2018 | Anton Brooks & David Schrock
In this episode we discuss our upcoming Bible reading plan and our hopes for this podcast.