Lord willing (Deo volente), the next year or two will have a host of books that will benefit and uplift Christ’s church. Many of these books are from SBTS professors, others from some of the choicest biblical theologians today. Below is a list of ten books that, Lord willing, will be appearing soon:
3. The Center of Biblical Theology by Jim Hamilton.
4. History of Southern Seminary by Southern Professor Greg Wills.
5. Doctrine of the Church book in the Crossway series by Gregg Allison.
6. Doctrine of Christ book in the Crossway series by Stephen Wellum.
7. Commentary on 2 Corinthians in the Pillar series by Mark Seifrid.
8. Hebrews commentary in the Pillar series by P.T. O’Brien.
9. Colossians commentary in the BECNT series by G.K. Beale.
10. Commentary on Galatians by Tom Schreiner.
As we look forward to these resources, may we be faithful to pray for the men who writes these labor-intensive tomes. Studying under, working with, learning from, and worshiping alongside the professors at Southern, I have grown in my thankfulness for their ministries and more aware of the need to pray for them. (See Pray for a Professor). They sacrifice much and labor strenuously to provide us with such excellent scholarship.
May we thank the Lord for the gifts he gives to his church in these men (cf. Eph. 4:11ff; Gal. 6:6:6ff), and let us pray for them. May the Lord support his servants of the Word and give them wisdom, biblical clarity, and Christ-honoring fidelity as they write the books we will read. May Christ receive all the glory as these books edify the church.
Sola Deo Gloria, dss