During the month of June, our church has been thinking about deacons during our Sunday School hour. And to help collate some of the documents and data presented, I’m putting them up here. (I’m also sharing them because the Internet at our church is down — Sigh!).
When our study of deacons is done, I’ll come back and put up all the sermons, lessons, additional resources, and documents.
- How Deacons Gain a Hearing for The Gospel (1 Timothy 3:8–13)
- Female Deacons: A Fruit of Biblical Exposition, Not Cultural Accommodation (Isaiah 56:6; Acts 6:1–7; 1 Timothy 3:11; Romans 16:1–2)
Sunday School Lessons
- Getting Our Deacons in a Row (Introduction)
- Getting Our Deacons in a Row: Deacons in the Early Church
- A Word Study: Diakoneō, Diakonia, Diakonos (Week 1)
- Getting Our Deacons in a Row: Deacons in the Early Church (Week 2)
- Getting Our Deacons in a Row: Deacons from the Reformation to the Present (Week 3)
- A House of Servant Built On the Line of Scripture (Week 4)
Soli Deo Gloria, ds